The Apprentice The Apprentice: Series 15

I LOVED Lottie's: 'Souleyman, we wish you the best of luck' at the end. :D She's hilarious!

Ryan is literally Dale Winton.

Dean and the slightly older one with the tattoos kinda look like brothers and a threesome I would like to have.

Watched the two episodes, I can’t believe they won with ice lollies with full rosemary sprigs and edible flowers in each one.

So the three men of color were first out, not a great look.

The marketing tattooed guy has so much rage, I fully expected him to start yelling when they wouldn’t allow him to pitch.

I also think that none of them were dead certs to be fired either - it's not like they absolutely HAD to be fired. Yeah they weren't great, but they weren't the absolute worst we've seen.

Assuming Dean is middle eastern/Asian with a name like Ahmed, so one still remains.

I really hate the reaction that this "shows how racist the business world is"... this show has fuck-all to do with business.

i think they did the dirty with souleyman

How could the person who CAME UP with the product have avoided the boardroom? And how did the person who invented the stupid dance video evade being fired? Riyonn was FUCKING USELESS

How could the person who CAME UP with the product have avoided the boardroom?
Oh that's easy, given Thomas's "shout my way through everything" attitude Riyonn was clearly too scared to bring him back as an enemy in the boardroom. I'm amazed it passed without comment though.

I can only think it passed without comment (at least in the final edit) because it didn't fit the narrative created to justify Souleyman's firing, which even as presented was piss weak. Even if Sugar didn't comment on it, if I was one of the other two I'd have been banging on about it endlessly in the boardroom as an example of poor decision making and weak leadership. But then clearly Sugar loves Thomas, so perhaps Riyonn realised he was on a hiding to nothing when he clearly wasn't going anywhere yet.

I would say the other thing is that most of them begrudgingly admitted that it WAS a decent product (unlike the other team, who were literally selling a lucky dip of existing toys). It was just completely mis-matched to the target market.

I'm not convinced the product being decent should be much of a mitigating factor when it was completely wrong for the market for which it was intended.

But again, the narrative was clearly that Thomas was going nowhere, whereas I'm sure someone else would have been roasted for it being a vanity project and steamrolling it through.

Last edited:
I suppose it’s one of those weird situations where the show completely ignores the real-life scenario of just shifting your marketing and focusing on that younger age bracket.

It’s a shame the team didn’t, in a way. Doesn’t Alan Sugar normally love that kind of lateral-thinking?

Well a real life scenario wouldn't involve a group of clueless twats with no prior experience creating a toy from scratch in 12 hours or whatever it is.

I guess it's pointless to complain and whine about it this far down the line, but it is one of the issues I have with the show. It's so clearly about entertain(t)ment and creating situations that will make good TV(and often actively trip them up) rather than allow candidates to display actual business skill, that when it all switches to the business plan at the end, it's quite jarring.

What the HELL were those red things flailing around like a pair of bollocks?

I feel like Thomas seems to spend more time speaking than all other candidates put together, which is quite something considering Ryan-Mark exists.

I really struggle with this programme at times. I have yet to meet a candidate that is not worse than useless.

I can't take Iasha seriously. Or Sophisticated Sarah.

She got the job done true enough. Or at least her team did. And I thought 400k for the first team was good.

Sugar's 'instinct' dumps another ethnic minority.

That's slightly curious how he introduced the task next week.

Why did Lord Sugar just come in to the house at the end to tell the candidates the next task? :confused:

Maybe because it's become a standard for the show and they're trying to amp up the ratingss. The Snatch Game of the Apprentice.

It is always fun to be fair.

I like this series. I like all of them normally but Lotti and Ryan Mark (I think that's his name) are hilarious. The boardroom puns need to end though.

Sophisticated Sarah and her friends (Slutty Stacey etc...) could be the next big thing in the bike industry.

I quite like Marianne destroying Thomas in the boardroom.

Reactions: D5K
Also apparently Lottie often called Ryan-Mark "the short gay one" and Riyonn "the tall gay one".

The ending of that episode was SO bizarre.

I was expecting him to walk into the house and fire someone. Not just interrupt their deliberately-staged Prosecco drinking and announce they had to get up early the next day.

They get up early EVERY DAY (or at least that’s what the show wants us to believe).

No because they also want you to believe that each task happens one week apart, so we're supposed to believe they only get that early wake up call once a week... we're supposed to be like 'OH MY GOD THEY'RE STRAIGHT ONTO THE NEXT TASK'... which IS what they normally do oddly. So they're staging something they normally do anyway as a total 'surprise'... would have worked much better if he'd been like 'Your task starts now. You have 24 hours. GO!'

Lubna was signposted as the eliminated contestant as soon as she said 'I've not done very well so far, but hopefully I'll sell tomorrow'... :D I couldn't have been less surprised. I wonder if he can do a clean sweep of the ethnic minorities though before firing a white person. :D . (She obviously didn't get it when they said 'what DID you DO on this task?' 'Er... I thought just being me would be enough...')

Marianne came across BRILLIANTLY in this episode - she might be my favourite 'actual' contestant. Obviously Lottie is great fun to watch, but isn't a true contender (despite speaking a lot of sense most of that episode).

Thomas is everything I HATE about white working-class wide boys. He is given so much privilege in life just for being male, white and working-class - but probably did fuck all at school and expects the world to be handed to him on a plate because of his 'cheeky chappy' persona. Something that women and other minority groups don't have the privilege of. Sugar just makes the problem even more obvious.

I'm not sure if it counts as privilege, but he is given a lot of leeway and benefit of the doubt because he is not 'educated' like the other contestants and because he probably reminds Alan of himself in terms of being a self-made businessman. Doesn't stop it from being less crass, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom