The Final Fantasy lounge

Also getting some solid CAUCASIAN characters

6_-_Garuda_s_Dominant_-_Benedikta_Harman.png

Wish I could get excited but I just... can't. XIII was alright but by and large VII to X-2 was the era when FF was good, imo.

Didn't get far in XV before getting bored

Still unsure. Story looks interesting and the graphics look good. But I’m not here for that battle gameplay.

What I miss in those last few iterations is the "mythical whimsy" if you will? Basically what made e.g. FF-X and Spira quite unique.

It's all quite bigger is better, drawing so much inspiration from western medieval culture which.. I don't know. I find it tough to quantify.

Well, this makes me feel pretty old :basil:

I was lucky enough to get a PlayStation for Christmas in 1997, with this (and also Tomb Raider 2). I remember my parents let us open everything just after midnight, obviously I set everything up right away and ended up starting FFVII that night. I hadn't experienced anything like it before, and it captivated me immediately. I played... and played... and played... and before I knew it the sun was up and I had to stop playing, but all I could think about was going back :o It's probably my favourite game-related memory, to be honest.

Well, this makes me feel pretty old :basil:

I was lucky enough to get a PlayStation for Christmas in 1997, with this (and also Tomb Raider 2). I remember my parents let us open everything just after midnight, obviously I set everything up right away and ended up starting FFVII that night. I hadn't experienced anything like it before, and it captivated me immediately. I played... and played... and played... and before I knew it the sun was up and I had to stop playing, but all I could think about was going back :o It's probably my favourite game-related memory, to be honest.

I spent a whole summer playing until 7am with my friends too. I know it's hard to think of it these days but FFVII was revolutionary in the way the story was told with such flair and aplomb. You'd never seen a game so cinematic until then!

Come to me, Ifrit 🔥🔥🔥

I cannot wait :disco: Good to have a release date too, I was worried that 'summer' might mean a few months later than that when I'm really busy at work.

I’m so not here for some generic action combat game. Otherwise it looks incredible.

Those cunts still aren’t doing the remasters then :evil: and on the 35th anniversary too! GET IN THE SEA

It looks impressive - but where is the whimsy?

I think that's one of my main problems with the series in its latest instalments.

Great gowns. Beautiful gowns.

But it remains to be seen if they can make the series an iconic staple again. The biggest problem FF has been suffering from, for YEARS, is the complete absence of any real LORE. The worlds and settings are all generic, and the story always feels like an afterthought because it's not tied to any lore or history

FF15 was such a snooze. I had no desire to ever revisit it again. You know they've run out of ideas when you can level up in COOKING :D

Oh I see, they’ve been officially rated so they definitely exist already :o

Lube me up, it’s going to be a long year

Remastered my foot. This looks poorly done. And for $75!
Alongside the disgusting font there was also an issue with graphical stuttering on the PC version, which (like the font) could be solved with a mod. What's the betting Square will have sorted it out for these ports? :eyes:

Oh well.

FF I-II-III are grindfest SLOGS of varying degrees, not particularly fun to play beyond HISTORICAL CURIOSITY.

IV-V-VI on the other hand are like the TRIFECTA of 2D 16-bit RPGs.

There was a Japanese poll conducted to find fans' favourite FF characters:

And games:
Screenshot_20221219-083913~2.png

Characters from XIV being overrepresented isn't a surprise (it's massive in Japan and obviously has a very online fanbase who'll vote in a poll like this), but Wakka at #2?! Apparently there's some sort of Japanese meme to thank for it :o

Can't believe Japan hates the Ivalice games 😤 (I'm assuming FFXII was the only one eligible for these polls but STILL).

I TRIED FFXIV but gave up after about a week. I just find the online RPG genre to be rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom