The Final Fantasy lounge

Emet-Selch is also an absolutely amazing character, and definitely up there as one of my favourites.

Also G'raha Tia is voiced by Jonathan Bailey, so I'm nursing a semi during any of his scenes as well.

I TRIED FFXIV but gave up after about a week. I just find the online RPG genre to be rubbish.
"You have to give it time, the story REALLY gets going after the first 100 hours!" People actually say this, and honestly who has the TIME?! MMO gameplay is just intensely miserable-feeling to me, also.

"You have to give it time, the story REALLY gets going after the first 100 hours!" People actually say this, and honestly who has the TIME?! MMO gameplay is just intensely miserable-feeling to me, also.
It is true though, the story DOES get much better from the expansions onward, but the original story is still pretty good.

If the gameplay isn't clicking though, then I wouldn't stick with it. It doesn't change massively, though I do recommend trying a few different classes as they can play quite differently.

Reactions: COB
My hot conspiracy theory - they only allowed numbered games in these polls so they weren't embarrassed by a landslide top placing for Final Fantasy Tactics, a game that's currently unavailable to play on modern consoles (also Delita at the top of the character poll obviously). Nobody call me delusional :evil:

If you enjoy online gaming :eyes: then you should try the Japanese drama “Dad of Light”.

In it, a 20-something office worker who looks like a Japanese Pob tries to reconnect with his father, by getting him to play FFIV and then catfishing him

Tale as old as time

Well my PlayStation year end summary said I put in 126 hours in 2022 so I clearly don’t have time!

he’s usually more apple-cheeked but that’s him. Also his sweaters keep unravelling on things 

4ABCF4D9-0277-4814-BB40-12A7386A3893.jpeg

Wakka aside, that is such a boring unimaginative basic-lad list.

The actual top 10

1. Quistis the 18-year-old-spinster
2. Kefka CAMP
3. Lulu's belts
4. Edea CAMP
5. Emo-Hulk Vincent
6. Mr T Barrett
7. Irvine shitting himself at the MeToo movement
8. Quina titting about with frogs whilst the world is ending
9. Shiva and her gowns, beautiful gowns
10. Edgar's giant tools

Wakka aside, that is such a boring unimaginative basic-lad list.

The actual top 10

1. Quistis the 18-year-old-spinster
2. Kefka CAMP
3. Lulu's belts
4. Edea CAMP
5. Emo-Hulk Vincent
6. Mr T Barrett
7. Irvine shitting himself at the MeToo movement
8. Quina titting about with frogs whilst the world is ending
9. Shiva and her gowns, beautiful gowns
10. Edgar's giant tools
Can we add in Remake Andrea?

andrea-rhodea-aniyan-kunyan.gif

• Love
The fact that they retranslated it to add more swearing! It's very 90s anime :eyes:

I wonder when the FFIX remake will be announced? We all know it's coming :o

Not sure I'm in a rush for high-res oglops

I'm totally here for a FFVIII-2, but focusing on secondary character development like Zell choking on hotdogs

Wow. Just skipping over VIII. I DOUCHED FOR YOU COB!
I would never skip it intentionally! The FFIX remake was in the big Nvidia leak from a couple of years ago though, which contained details of loads of games that have subsequently been announced/released so it's basically all but confirmed. The same leak also had a remaster of my ACTUAL favourite FF game of them all, too :disco:

1*y4NYORMTHi2mfOs-Bq-O8A.gif

Oh shit, I never saw that! FFIX :disco: But the FF8 shade though... Is it just me or is FF8 the least favored of the PS1 titles?

Oh shit, I never saw that! FFIX :disco: But the FF8 shade though... Is it just me or is FF8 the least favored of the PS1 titles?
Well it's the worst one! The story is great but the junction system is a hot mess and the worst magic system across all of final fantasy. A remake would need to seriously overhaul that (and leveling) to make me interested

Oh I love the magic and level system, it's so unique and queer :disco: The game doesn't explain itself very well, but there's nothing better than the feeling of making yourself totally unstoppable in battle all through playing loads and loads of the card game 🃏

FFVIII is not worse than II, III and XIII, let's not get CARRIED AWAY.

It's FLAWED but considering what game it had to follow it is BOLD in some of the choices they went for. And most of it works.

FFVIII is not worse than II, III and XIII, let's not get CARRIED AWAY.

It's FLAWED but considering what game it had to follow it is BOLD in some of the choices they went for. And most of it works.
It's the worst PS1 game I mean. I'd definitely put it well above many other FFs still.

I genuinely prefer VIII to IX - unpopular opinion that may be

The junction system was completely broken of course, but it was also nice to have a game that had you think outside of the simplistic "grind, get points, buy weapons".

The characters had that little more depth and moral "grey", where the IX lot were often very one-dimensional - Eiko is precocious, Steiner stomps and shouts "PRINCESS", Quina eats frogs. The futuristic setting hit harder than the cartoon medieval nonsense that are ten-a-penny in RPGs, and Kuja was simply trying too much harder than Edea.

The IX card game was also RUBBISH

Yeah but
DecisiveMagnificentJaguar-max-1mb.gif

ALSO, the junction system actively discourages you from using your magic, which is unforgivable in a final fantasy game. The optimum way of playing FF8 is just to spam attack without ever levelling up. Nothing tactical whatsoever in battles, and just collecting cards to refine outside of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom