The Meaning of Mariah Carey by Mariah Carey (Mimi's Memoir) - SPOILERS abound!

How will you be experiencing The Meaning of Mariah Carey?

• Total voters
Shaking and crying at those volume names, especially Volume I because only the real fans will understand it

Although one thing I have always enjoyed about Mariah's career is when haters walk in trying to denigrate and shame a multi-racial female song-songwriter only to find themselves on the wrong side of herstory :disco:

Reactions: dUb
Omg shaking at those volumes!

huns I am so so here for this Richard & Judy book of the year xxx

Reactions: dUb
I was thinking about Mariah, while I was working my way through another set of iconic EPs this week

And this bitch really did create the template for today's pop sound

Her successor is the biggest girl in pop, so much so that Marge's heir had to beg her for a feature to get a #1

Those turn-of-the-millennium queens who used to say "why can't she go back to her old sound, without the rent-a-rappers" were very much the musical Brexiters of the time. The answer being "because she is inventing a whole new genre, and the future of pop"

I was thinking about Mariah, while I was working my way through another set of iconic EPs this week

And this bitch really did create the template for today's pop sound

Her successor is the biggest girl in pop, so much so that Marge's heir had to beg her for a feature to get a #1

Those turn-of-the-millennium queens who used to say "why can't she go back to her old sound, without the rent-a-rappers" were very much the musical Brexiters of the time. The answer being "because she is inventing a whole new genre, and the future of pop"

Oh so now Gaga is suddenly just Madge’s heir that had to beg Ariana to give her a #1? :disco:

I don’t disagree, I’m just saving it for future Gaga battles with you.

Oh so now Gaga is suddenly just Madge’s heir that had to beg Ariana to give her a #1? :disco:

I don’t disagree, I’m just saving it for future Gaga battles with you.
HUN, you know I stan Gags, but that MC will always & forever come first as my #1 artist. And no, ROM would not have been US #1 without Ariana. That's just reality. It still slaps though.

Anyone who thinks that Rain On Me would have even been a top ten hit without Ariana is smoking something I want

What I wouldn't have given to see two iconic legacy artists (Gags and Mariah) on Rain On Me.

Can we plz stop discussing non-19 #1s artists in this thread?

Mariah didn't become a WAYWARD CHILD for this tomfoolery.

we love ALL TYPES of people

2L1h.gif

a solo "Shallow by Brandon Cooper" would have hardly gone top 100 and gotten 10m streams, while Gaga's Shallow has gotten over 1.2b streams and is still getting 1m daily streams to this very day. let's stop understating Gaga.

that's all.

Stupid Love had the hype and buzz of being a comeback single and went in at (and peaked at) number 5.

Rain On Me wouldn’t have debuted at number 1 without Ariana. That doesn’t take anything away from the song. It just is what it is hun.

I mean look, we will never know. But if Stupid Love debuts and peaks at 5, what makes you think that a solo Rain On Me would have enough buzz to push it top 10 without Ariana?

Ariana was clearly on the song because she is a streaming force, and more relevant to the charts today than Gaga is.

I mean look, we will never know. But if Stupid Love debuts and peaks at 5, what makes you think that a solo Rain On Me would have enough buzz to push it top 10 without Ariana?

all her other top 10 hits. I don’t know about debut in the top 10, and maybe it wouldn’t have made it, but I think it had a decent chance, especially pre-album.

I hope you’re not also saying that the whole Chromatica project wouldn’t have done well without Ariana too? :rolleyes:

Anyway this is such a stupid thing to argue about, I just thought it was a weirdly strong way of giving Ariana practically 100% of the credit

I do believe that the release of Chromatica was timed almost perfectly. She absolutely benefited from corona and at the time a relatively quiet release schedule from bigger artists. I don’t think Gaga herself can be credited for that, as it always seemed like she was the one pushing for the delay.

Only like? :shock:

turns out My All was my #3, Without You #2, Fantasy #1

Christ knows how I made it through the rain of Diddy Does Mariah, the lambs were coming for me. When they weren’t utterly ignoring what I was writing, anyway :D

I've been banging My All ever since summer started :disco: It has quietly crept up my Mariah Top 10.

Not to be nitpicking Mimi but I HATE that in the last two weeks they didn't include the Radio Edit of the parent single! For example My fucking All :evil:

E=MC2 is my choice of Mimi summer album.

I'm That Chick, I'll Be Lovin' You, Touch My Body, Migrate, Cruise Control...

summer bop after summer bop after summer bop.

Summer was cancelled huns. I've already started my Christmas season with non-stop Mariah festivities

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom