The Meaning of Mariah Carey by Mariah Carey (Mimi's Memoir) - SPOILERS abound!

How will you be experiencing The Meaning of Mariah Carey?

• Total voters
I will forever stan E=MC because it gave us Migrate

See I'm ON my way HOME
'Cause my JEANS, yeah they FIT
But it MIGHT bene-FIT
Me to THROW something on
To feature my HIPS
Accentuate my TITS
And STEAL THE SHOW

And let's acknowledge that Touch My Body remains a BOP

E=MC² is probably the album with the best uptempos and worst ballids

Justice for O.O.C. by the way

And after all this time
It don't even make no sense
So 'scusa me, te quiero mucho papi
Je ne sais pas mais c'est la vie

I second this! but I really don't know why I've got a soft spot for Love Story, her best carbon copy of We Belong Together for me.

a true 17/10 moment

She seems largely asleep at the wheel until T-Pain comes out, but she serves it in the final thirty seconds. I think she's entirely live as well. And that punchy ending is better than the studio fade-out.

Heartbreaker just came on, and how can anyone not claim this stone cold BOP

I love how some queens bang on about Mariah not having as many hen-night "classics" as Marge or Whitney, but who would want a Like A Virgin when you have a Heartbreaker?

The best thing about Heartbreaker are those first few seconds when you hear the tune bubbling and then BAM! "Gimme ya luv" :disco:

She seems largely asleep at the wheel until T-Pain comes out, but she serves it in the final thirty seconds. I think she's entirely live as well. And that punchy ending is better than the studio fade-out.

I love that at the 3.55 minute mark even T-Pain does a DOUBLE TAKE agog at her doing those ad libs live

imagine thinking For The Record, Stay In Love, Love Story, and I Wish You Well were bad ballads.

"I Wish You Well" is a superb ballad. Some of her absolute best lyrics ever. Easily in my Top 10 Mimi songs.

"For the Record" is also brilliant, but not as good as its predecessor "Lullaby"

For The Record is brilliant for the they can’t compete with MC line alone

imagine thinking For The Record, Stay In Love, Love Story, and I Wish You Well were bad ballads.
Oh you’re starting on me now are you? :D

It’s all relative JO, as she doesn’t really have any bad songs full stop. But this particular clutch of ballads is probably her least amazing. To me. If that’s ok with you.

I was so nice about your colourful scoring system as well :oi:

HOW? it would've absolutely tanked as a single. to call it FEATHERWEIGHT is an UNDERSTATEMENT

to be fair, the Stargate sound was huge in pop in 2007. Ne-Yo, Rihanna, and Beyoncé were having big crossover pop hits thanks to them and Mimi wouldn't have sounded out of place but yeah I think Migrate was the lost single from this album.

Definitely. As you say, this isn't some trashy cash grab. Of course she'll hope to make money from it, but it's clear that she's done it the right way, and that it means a lot to her.

It's really sweet that the book means so much to her. It's not just the usual late-career-play-for-relevance cash grab.

How can you say that when LITERALLY NO ONE HAS READ IT YET? :D

Might have to do an internet blackout in the week of release as the juiciest bits are going to be out there - and in here - before I get my hands on it

Last edited:
Email from Amazon saying it’ll arrive 7-9th October :zombie:

Will it be in the shops next Tuesday?!

And can we spoiler book details from here on PLS PLS PLS

Apparently one of the shock bombshells is that she drinks Sauvignon from noon ‘til night - with a REVERSE CATHETER installed to keep the levels up :disco: - and likes to kick the day off by tucking into a generous bowlful of Froot Loops covered in half a litre of Baileys. WHO KNEW! :shock:

I'm sure it's just an Amazon delay and she'll be on the shelves come Tuesday.

source.gif

Looks like it's a trip to Easons (local reference for HLT) for me. I'll dive in with the audiobook in the meantime. The thoughts of getting comfortable and pressing PLAY on this tome...

tenor.gif

I can't decide whether to read or audiobook it. Do audio books reflect the book entirely or are there likely to be CUTS?

If anything it'll be ADDED VALUE. It'll be the full text of the book at least, with added musical components. I might go back and forth and then re-listen to the ones I read.

It's also TWENTY EIGHT FUCKING QUID! Maybe I'll have to sign up for another Audible trial.

It’s a tenner for the book on Amazon. I didn’t buy it but it came up as recommended when I was buying Skin from Skunk Anansie’s book, via Moopy link of course, just now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom