The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mines not for another two months still, but at this rate I can see it being brought forward before too long.

My second jab of Moderna is 11 weeks after first but been reading people have been able to rebook a couple of weeks earlier…anyone here tried ?

My second jab of Moderna is 11 weeks after first but been reading people have been able to rebook a couple of weeks earlier…anyone here tried ?

I've been reading about it too, my mum even said that they're letting people over 40 rebook. But I checked the NHS website via my booking reference and there's only an option to cancel and rebook, nothing about being able to bring it forward.

I've read somewhere that NHS is recommending it, but maybe the government aren't enforcing it and prioritising getting as many young people a first jab as possible. I'm not sure the best solution but I'd be happy to get it earlier now. The delta variant has inevitably spread from Manchester and the Liverpool numbers are going up.

Although I do remember it saying I could call 119 to rebook (not earlier, just change the date) so maybe I could call them tomorrow and they can advise.

Although I do remember it saying I could call 119 to rebook (not earlier, just change the date) so maybe I could call them tomorrow and they can advise.
Ooh yes keep us updated ! I’ve got a wedding to go to a couple of days after my second jab and feel really uncomfortable going. :/

I was told I'd get the second dose in 8 weeks. I'm north of the border which may or may not make a difference.

I was told I'd get the second dose in 8 weeks. I'm north of the border which may or may not make a difference.

Scotland have already enforced the rule on the back of the NHS recommendation. England haven't. Mostly because we do in 4 years what most countries manage to sort in a couple of days.

Lots of my over-40 friends saying you can't see available second dose appointments without cancelling your existing appointment. So it's whether you take the risk or not. Apparently they've put lots of new ones online today though.

Last edited:
waiting, anticipating...

restrictions have seen a quick u-bound here. masks are now only required on public transport while standing up as of yesterday. it felt really weird suddenly not having to put it on. even hospitals (which I frequent these days) are masks off! and to be honest I'm not sure how comfortable I am with it until I've had the vaxxx

A colleague of mine was told to rebook to an earlier date a month ago, and then after cancelling his existing appointment he could only get a later one.

It's such a stupid piece of website design that they've got to change if they really want people to move things earlier.

Mr Star tried to rebook his yesterday for an earlier date, cancelled his existing booking but only similar dates came up. Good thing was he got a better location so it worked out OK.

When I booked my second it was quite literally the only date and time available so I had no choice. I’ll be damned if I’m cancelling that.

Some of my friends in their 30s have cancelled and rebooked today based on Twitter saying it's possible... I'm still hesitant as they're encouraging all the over 40s (i.e. AZ) people to rebook, but can you be sure that the current slots will have Pfizer?

Ooh yes keep us updated ! I’ve got a wedding to go to a couple of days after my second jab and feel really uncomfortable going. :/

UPDATE

I called 119 as per the website and after going through 73 different automated options I eventually got through to someone :D so no surprises, he seemed to anticipate the question and said he can rebook but he had to cancel first and can’t guarantee a better slot but it was unlikely it would be much worse because they still advise people get it between 8-12 weeks and mine was originally scheduled for +12 weeks.

I managed to get one for 25th June, which is considerably sooner than I expected. They also had loads of options, the first one that came up was in a SHITHOLE so I’m glad I asked, I ended up with the same location as before.

He also couldn’t see the date of my first jab so I had to work it out myself and make sure it wasn’t too soon, but as it was exactly 8 weeks to the day something tells me the timespan is automated.

The only thing not mentioned was whether I would be getting the same type again? He never asked me which vaccine I had so again I just assume the system knows and will send you to a clinic that can offer the same one. Don’t know.

UPDATE

I called 119 as per the website and after going through 73 different automated options I eventually got through to someone :D so no surprises, he seemed to anticipate the question and said he can rebook but he had to cancel first and can’t guarantee a better slot but it was unlikely it would be much worse because they still advise people get it between 8-12 weeks and mine was originally scheduled for +12 weeks.

I managed to get one for 25th June, which is considerably sooner than I expected. They also had loads of options, the first one that came up was in a SHITHOLE so I’m glad I asked, I ended up with the same location as before.

He also couldn’t see the date of my first jab so I had to work it out myself and make sure it wasn’t too soon, but as it was exactly 8 weeks to the day something tells me the timespan is automated.

The only thing not mentioned was whether I would be getting the same type again? He never asked me which vaccine I had so again I just assume the system knows and will send you to a clinic that can offer the same one. Don’t know.
Great news !

That sounds so complicated, my goodness. Mind you that UK is vaccinating way faster than here, so something must be doing right, but that system to get the second jab is insane, my head hurts after reading that post.

I've not seen any stats on the take up rate recently. Is it changing as the age gets younger?

That sounds so complicated, my goodness. Mind you that UK is vaccinating way faster than here, so something must be doing right, but that system to get the second jab is insane, my head hurts after reading that post.
I think it's only fairly recently it seems to have gone a bit of a free for all. Until fairly recently it was you get what you're given and straightforward, at least around these parts.

It was actually fairly easy to be honest, I was just making sure that I shared all the variables before encouraging anyone to do what I did and not get the same outcome. There are things to consider but it looks like for most people the rebooking is straight forward. The vaccination process in the U.K. has been incredibly successful, considering the amount of people involved and over a short amount of time.

The problem has always been with the government in this country, and their ambiguity, u-turning and spin. The people actually doing the work have been unbelievably organised and effective.

Our rollout groups were announced today. Us under thirty fives are scheduled for October.

Could be worse I guess, but it’s still a while off.

Our rollout groups were announced today. Us under thirty fives are scheduled for October.

Could be worse I guess, but it’s still a while off.
Devil watching the rest of mopsy getting jabbed :(

3stue3.jpg

Where are you Devil?

Back in New Zealand for twelve months. I can’t really complain, we don’t have any restrictions here so it’s not as if I’m in dire need, would just be good to get it and get the country done so it can open back up.

I got exciting news that our company’s group was going to give us vaccines from mid-July…. BUT it’s only for Tokyo and the Kanto region :evil:

Osaka is the #3 city so I guess Kansai will follow soon but STILL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom