The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Btw I think the state vaccinations are Pfizer but our company is doing Moderna, any idea what the difference is?

Can you tell us more about this state/company vaccine difference? Are Japan not going strictly by priority groups then? Do companies buy from the Japanese government or directly from the pharma companies?

Can you tell us more about this state/company vaccine difference? Are Japan not going strictly by priority groups then? Do companies buy from the Japanese government or directly from the pharma companies?

well the state are doing their thing like everywhere else, but they had various priority groups, medics workers first, then the 65+ people. But it seems that they will issue tickets for people to book theirs, but that’s done by local government so they can decide how to do it. Osaka seems to be doing all under 65s at the same time, but issuing tickets and opening bookings gradually for 4 age categories. Not sure how much they’ll stagger the booking releases though

companies seem to be able to privately procure vaccines and organise their own staff. Seems to be universities and large companies doing that. Not sure what restrictions are put on them though. I might go for the government one, especially if I can get it first

I got the second jab on Tuesday after received a GP text on Monday inviting me to make a booking. It's six weeks today since I received the first jab so that was quite... unexpected. Given the intervals are supposed to be 8 weeks+ I'm not quite sure why I've received a second dose already but I didn't really question it :D I wonder if some places are just trying to vax as many people as possible? Who KNOWS. I'm quite RELIEVED anyway.

I got the second jab on Tuesday after received a GP text on Monday inviting me to make a booking. It's six weeks today since I received the first jab so that was quite... unexpected. Given the intervals are supposed to be 8 weeks+ I'm not quite sure why I've received a second dose already but I didn't really question it :D I wonder if some places are just trying to vax as many people as possible? Who KNOWS. I'm quite RELIEVED anyway.

See we are doing three weeks after the first, which is slowing us down so much but apparently is okay? It’s so confusing :(

In a ZENZATIONAL twist, my company will offer vaccines in Kansai as soon as July 1 :o I might be fully vacced by the end of next month if I’m lucky

addendum: the foreign teachers (ie not Japanese) have been a bit muted. One conspiracy alt-right woman-hating anti-vaxxer brought it up and appeared surprised when I said I wanted to get it, and I frantically tried to change the subject.

Another one wanted it but apparently if we do it through the company we have to give consent for the company to see all our health information. I don’t really know why that’s an issue tbh, I mean unless you are hiding a chronic illness they might try and get rid of you for somehow?

I don’t care that much about my data, maybe because I think I’m not valuable enough to scam or clone :D

Mr Star has just had the text too and it's only 4 weeks since his Pfizer. Seems a bit soon?

We are all getting the second one after 3-4 weeks.

I know the manufacturer/WHO guidelines say its fine, I've just seen some research from reputable places that says delaying the second jab significantly increases the number of antibodies.

Even when that's more than possible it shouldn't make such a big difference, I guess? Well I want to think so, I'm getting my second one in 3-4 weeks :shock:

Double jabbed, boys! ✌🏼

9C6CE1CA-6957-4833-B869-B406484F1AEA.gif

I know the manufacturer/WHO guidelines say its fine, I've just seen some research from reputable places that says delaying the second jab significantly increases the number of antibodies.
I think everything's changed with the Delta variant though; it looks like double vaccination provides significantly more protection so it's worth bringing it forward.

24 hours after the second jab, I still have no side effects. I mean my head hurts a bit, but that’s alcohol related :eyes:

Does anyone here use Reddit? Stuff like this seems a bit...mean. Shaming people like this makes them MORE ignorant.

Screenshot_20210621-073841_Reddit.jpg

The marginalisation does seem to embolden them/reinforce their ideas, but having met one in the flesh, there’s no rational way to reason with them, by that point they’re already well off the deep end.

It's as Lucille says. Ostracizing them is not only dehumanizing, but it's also counterintuitive. It hardens them and gives them a victim complex.

It's hard to care beyond a bit of sympathy though, isn't it? They don't want to listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom