UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

Surely this has to be complete SHIT but the Daily M*il are claiming a Tory investigation found Angela Rayner was the source of the Basic Instinct story.

I honestly don't believe she said THIS to anyone:
'According to four people with a vested interest in making Angela Rayner look bad, Angela Rayner said this.'

The M*il are so desperate at this point it's hilarious.

It’s laughable - they have moved from being supportive of the Tories but constructively critical, to uncritical, to a propaganda sheet. See also the pearl clutching today at a supposed Labour/LD electoral pact (including Oliver Dowden hysterics) - neglecting to mention this is precisely what the Tories and Brexit Party did at GE2019.

64A43A62-0AA2-4029-9984-0CF7C7A02C0C.jpeg

Christ, they really have got NOTHING, haven't they? It's all just confected outrage, wild extrapolation and plain old horseshit. What a fucking awful time in British politics this is.

The Mail still sticking to the tried and tested formula that once we put it out there, no matter how inaccurate it is, it’ll stick. And in some cases with the Great British Public, it will.

The system is so broken.

I read a story today about elder statesmen and women calling for a review (again) of parliamentary culture due to all these recent stories.

Nobody in parliament ever makes the simple connection that it’s down to the worst government in British history. They treat their jobs and responsibilities like a playground. Until they’re gone it won’t improve.

I’ve said it before - on the whole the left move into politics out of a sense of duty, the right out of a sense of entitlement. A right wing government cannot work until that changes. And it makes the fact that so many working and middle class people voted for this rabble even more sickening

The Mail still sticking to the tried and tested formula that once we put it out there, no matter how inaccurate it is, it’ll stick. And in some cases with the Great British Public, it will.

The system is so broken.

The latest one, with the photo of Keir Starmer supposedly having a lockdown party is very telling. ICYMI, the photo is cropped and the person who has been removed from the photo is Frank Dobson. Who died in 2019. It's telling because they know they're lying to us. They always have. They know they're peddling lies. They don't believe what they print. They just know it sells, it gets a reaction and they can dominate and reshape a narrative, simply by feeding the gullible and permanently enraged.

I'm not so sure about those predicted losses for the Tories. There's a lot of pre-election spin happening in the Telegraph and the like, so there can be cries of "see, it wasn't that bad after all" on Friday morning. Plus Labour is coming off a very good result last time.

As usual with local elections, every side's going to be claiming victory anyway.

I'm not so sure about those predicted losses for the Tories. There's a lot of pre-election spin happening in the Telegraph and the like, so there can be cries of "see, it wasn't that bad after all" on Friday morning. Plus Labour is coming off a very good result last time.

As usual with local elections, every side's going to be claiming victory anyway.

"We only lost 300 seats! What a great day for Conservatives! A true indication that the public remains with us!!!!1111!!"

is the narrative I fully expect to hear.

"We only lost 300 seats! What a great day for Conservatives! A true indication that the public remains with us!!!!1111!!"

is the narrative I fully expect to hear.

Exactly. And every party will choose to highlight the areas where they did well. The responses have already been written, they just need to know which council to apply them to.

Agreed, I would expect the results to look quite beige all round. The Tories had poor results from 2018 way through to the GE. 2021 locals would have been testing them against a high point (comparing to 2017) but they were still rather popular this time last year.

Just ignoring Esther McVey's turn in a regional production of The Vagina Monologues are we?

Not to mention Kieth Starmer playing a Labour MP for all these years when he’s clearly a raging Tory!!!!!!!

Bank of England’s latest update makes for grim reading. I guess it makes a Tory defeat at the next general election more likely, but it’s not going to be a fun few years.

It’s going to be awful and (I know opinions will vary) but the knee jerk response to just hike up interest rates is going to do little to nothing when inflation is cause by global factors (and a readily solved internal supply chain crisis).

This, THIS, is what will drive them from office and rightly so.

He'd win a no confidence vote, so why not. It makes more sense than the strategy floated yesterday that he was going to call an election on the expectation he'll lose, and thus leave Labour to deal with the incoming nightmare.

My biggest problem with leaving him in office is the damage he has done and will continue to do whilst he is there. You can bet whatever strategy he comes up (i.e. is persuaded to follow) to deal with the economy, it will end up being executed in the worst possible way because he has no way of delivering anything that needs a detailed understanding successfully.

I think we're still in a period in which Johnson is a 'useful idiot' to many. His pig-headed belligerence is why so many see him as an asset. Plus, so far, the council election results suggest that it wouldn't be the wipe-out that many would want/expect.

Very curious what this significant new information is, and whether it is entirely bullshit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom