Ukraine 2021: Go_A - SHUM

I don't think the scream at the end is as good as on the original mix oh no sorry I mean SONG but that notwithstanding...

Do we know why it was changed or am I going to have to fund hate and look on the infamously savage Wiwibloggs?

The lyrics and melody were an old folk song I think.

OMG didn't somebody exclusively reveal this on here, possibly in this VERY THREAD, and we just told them to hide the information down the back of the sofa :D

I mean if the old folk song ISSUE means they either rewrite or can't compete at all, I'm all for this CHANGED VERSION :D
It really does sound like a madcap drunken night out with the raven queen and chums to me. I'm sure Europe are going to be TERRIFIED by the performance.

Last edited:
I suppose I may get used to it, but that's fairly comprehensively ruined for me. I shall now just be supporting Finland for the win.

It’s no SAN MARINO is it

Sorry I’m not going to sit here whilst straights culturally appropriate GAY HYSTERIA.
Excuse me, this is straight hysteria. It's much worse than gay hysteria because we aren't used to it.

It was a load of old TOOT in the first place anyway :D

The original was my least favourite entry of the year so far but still CAN WE HAVE IT BACK PLEASE

This remains so powerful. I am worried for Lisbon, I am worried for Copenhagen, Stockholm must start preparing, London is in danger - Cwej will drown - please build lifeboats for I suspect even after just one minute of this performance all sea levels will rise and flood our coastal cities. Don’t tell me you weren’t ready, remember I told you

Well...

They really should have just gone with one of the other options from their national selection. Instead it sounds like they've taken Shum, and used a fat hand on the levels modifier so they all just fell anywhere. It's really hard to follow and it was exactly the easiest song in the first place! Maybe it'll grow but for Ukraine have gone from being top of my list to my @Shit list :(

I'm still convinced that is not the final cut, the vocals do not sit right in the mix and the instrumental seems cut and shut from the original.

The original was so slickly produced that there's no way this is the final mix.

It’s also basically the structure but more of a minor key melody than a major?

Is it different from the one posted earlier? I would compare and contrast myself but I have the beginnings of a headache and I daren't risk it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom