Australia 2021: Montaigne - Technicolour

Seriously this goes from MOR to shouting to wailing to key change + shouting + wailing!

Seriously this goes from MOR to shouting to wailing to key change + shouting + wailing!

OMG are you coming for GAMBLE's iconic Classy??

tumblr_o3v7mq7Hmt1qds5ako1_500.gif

She does well for what I imagine is a very difficult song to sing, but she doesn’t have enough OOMPH to sell it yet.

The song is growing on me, but given she's a fairly off-putting performer anyway, I can't see this doing very well at Eurovision at all.

I know somebody who was at Mardi Gras and she claims this got zero reaction from the crowd, and she was immediately upstaged by a member of the Wiggles who came out after her. :D

Yeah, I know I essentially said the same thing in a rather more LONG-WINDED FASHION, but this has Eurovision FLOP written all over it.

The closest comparison I can think of is Lithuania's iconic bomb ATTENSHUN! :D

My other half heard me playing this and said, "is this the new Marina song?"

I actually love this but how is it not going to be a terrible disaster? And I was fully on board with the clown shenanigans last year - at least it was a song she could control to SOME degree vocally, and the performance fit the lyrics nicely.

With this it's hard to imagine her sounding anything different to a broken stovetop kettle at boiling point.

She's a terrible human. The song is a sad mess. And Germany thought they'd sent the most hateful entry.

Why would they use this performance? The post-keychange vocals are disqualifying.

At least with that hair colour she won’t get lost in the arena car park :disco:

It’s a shame the songs a dud because Montaigne herself seems VERY NICE indeed. I wish her LOTS OF SUCCESS but the crystal ball predicts LAST IN THE SEMI :( :(

LAST IN THE SEMI, is becoming a VERY COMPETITIVE FIELD.
Really? It’s the strongest lineup in YEARS.

*and cue the usual suspects telling us it’s the worst year ever*

Oh here’s POSITIVE PINGU! :disco:

I actually really like the Mortal Kombat character select screen backing track, but there's something about Montaigne I just don't like. It's either her voice, her affected presentation, her lack of charisma, or all three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom