Australia 2021: Montaigne - Technicolour

I quite liked Don’t Break Me. This is growing on me but I’m really not a fan.

Exactly THIS. I feel the main reason none of you like this is because of HER rather than the output.
“Because I Love You” is one of my most played songs and I quite like “Don’t Break Me”.
This is trash (and sounds nothing like Marina).

But then I've never cared for this Marina character either

Sounds like the Eurovision equivalent of Drummer Boy/I Wanna Have Your Babies; this artist has been allowed to do whatever they wanted without restraint. She might have got away with it if the production sounded better.
I am always striving to revise my opinions and with this I feel I made a hasty mistake. The song is actually very good, with the verses reminding me of Sinead O Connor and the chorus a very powerful and annoying pop explosion. I had a preview party for straight people (online) and the feedback for this song was terrible, which made me realise that it is actually quite good.

I am always striving to revise my opinions and with this I feel I made a hasty mistake. The song is actually very good, with the verses reminding me of Sinead O Connor and the chorus a very powerful and annoying pop explosion. I had a preview party for straight people (online) and the feedback for this song was terrible, which made me realise that it is actually quite good.
V interested to hear some other takeaways from the straight people

For example did they like Estonia

V interested to hear some other takeaways from the straight people

For example did they like Estonia

I only made a playlist with 25 songs as obviously doing all the entries in one go would have been too much for a casual. So of the 7 people who voted (I was not one of them but HerSerene was) the result was:

1. Sweden (won by 2 points)
2. Iceland
3. Malta
4. Israel
5. Greece
6. Croatia
7. Serbia
8. Ukraine
9. France
10. Moldova
11. Lithuania
12. Azerbaijan
13. Denmark
14. Cyprus
15. San Marino
16. Switzerland
17. Germany
18. Netherlands
19. Belgium
20. Italy
21. Norway
22. Australia
23. Estonia
24. Ireland
25. United Kingdom

The feedback for everything from Denmark up was very positive. One woman found Cyprus so nauseating that she vocalised her struggle to keep watching.

I wonder if Elena now REGRETS denying her song was about Devil worship now it’s the HOT TREND?

Reactions: RJN
i was really surprised at the strong reaction to Sweden, but it really does stand out in a field of what can only be described as SCREAMING :disco:

I honestly think this might come last in the televote :D
I think it could come LAST IN THE SEMI! :(

It‘s a shame because it’s grown on me loads but they’re probably flopping on the televote, the only other songs that are likely NQs are also jury bait (Slovenia, North Macedonia, which also have a bit of Balkan vote to bump them up too) and Sweden are performing just before, who are a likely top three lock in the semi.

I am always striving to revise my opinions and with this I feel I made a hasty mistake. The song is actually very good, with the verses reminding me of Sinead O Connor and the chorus a very powerful and annoying pop explosion.
I listened to them all yesterday (no preview party for me yet) and think I agree, this was way better than I remembered.

Oh well at least we have DAMI back next year :disco:

I can't work out who she's trying to appeal to - Charli XCX FANS?!
As one of these, I think the studio recording is great, but her live performance was an unmitigated disaster at Mardi Gras. If she can't sort that out, this will bomb.

Exactly THIS. I feel the main reason none of you like this is because of HER rather than the output.

Just to go back to this, it really does sound Marina-esque...it probably makes me more onboard than I otherwise would.

But christ it's also a fucking mess (that's kind of fun) and Marina would NEVER fuck up those vocal rollercoasters like this. It's more like a Marina SPOOF!

She's a terrible human.

I meant to quote this before, but it's one of those moopy posts that sticks in your head. Thinking of the vocal racket she attempts (and I still like it sort of! There's something good here, somewhere!) and that comment has made me laugh in all sorts of public places recently, usually in Tesco or somewhere

Would be sad to see Australia not qualify with this cold bucket of shit. They've sent as at least three enjoyable entries, which is a strong track record and I don't want them to be put off.

Although they must know its turgid.

I have no trouble believing that Australia are as terrible and ruthless as Azerbaijan when it comes to their Eurovision entries, and if Montaigne doesn't reach the final, she'll be kangaroo food by June

Who was that awful boy they sent that provided a missed note for the ages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom