Australia 2021: Montaigne - Technicolour

2018 would’ve been brilliant in the new system, the top two of the juries flopping on the televote.

It was moreso from 2016-2018 :evil:
Oh I dunno

Screen-Shot-2019-05-19-at-13.05.58-7fb4.png

I assume if this qualifies everyone will forgive/forget supposed Sweden favouritism and Australia will deserve death.

I still hope this does get through, though. But only at the expense of songs I hate and that algorithm suggests this should get through in 9th place. I'm still aware she does a terrible, terrible job and deserves to die, but I think the final needs it somehow

It was moreso from 2016-2018 :evil:
I suppose a big annoyance is San Marino not having their top ten moment in 2019 (although I suppose it will happen this year :disco:)

BRING OLD SYSTEM BACK PLZ

Reactions: VoR
Would be sad to see Australia not qualify with this cold bucket of shit. They've sent as at least three enjoyable entries, which is a strong track record and I don't want them to be put off.

Although they must know its turgid.

I may be COMPLETELY WRONG, and circumstances are obviously different this year - but the Australian delegation seem to be a lot CHILLIER/less invested compared to their last couple of entries (Jessica/Kate). I've barely heard ANYTHING about this track or Montaigne - but there's a chance I've just not been LOOKING.

I wonder if they wish Vanessa Amorosi and her car crash-inspired car crash of an entry had won their NF instead :D

Nah, Montaigne was very much the chosen one I feel. She got the jury vote after all.

If the televote winner from 2020 had won the whole thing, I think they'd potentially be in a much stronger position this year. She had a shit song, but bags of charisma and talent that could easily have served a massive glow-up entry with 12 months to shop around for one.

JAGUAR JONZE SHOULD HAVE WON :evil:

I do think it's possible/probable that the Australian delegation have noticed how Montaigne wasn't able to break through to the favourites last year either and decide not to bother throwing good money after bad upon hearing this mess. :D

We'll see how much money her stage show gets. The 2020 one was supposed to be quite elaborate.

I think this was supposedly similar to what we would’ve seen in Rotterdam.

I‘ve grown to really like Technicolour but I still prefer Don’t Break Me. It’s a shame she’s doomed as she does seem really nice and invested in the Eurovision community and WHAT NOT.

Reactions: COB
HOW did Australia manage to fill a HUGE STADIUM to pick their Eurovision entry :D

Casey looks simultaneously 19 and 91 it's RATHER BIZARRE!

I think they hosted it in some backwater where nothing exciting ever happens :D

She would've been 31

She was part of the odd global trend where the second season of virtually every edition of the Pop Idol franchise followed the creation of a genuine lasting star in Season One (Kelly Clarkson, Will Young, Guy Sebastian) with victory for an unmarketable* fat person in Season Two. (Michelle McManus, Ruben Studdard, Casey).

She ROSE FROM THE ASHES though, and I believe she's a big draw in musical theatre now.

*at the time, obviously we're a bit more EVOLVED on that front these days

Also known as BRISBANE
Wasn’t it held on the Gold Coast??

Nobody gives a shit about our entry here this year. I hope Dami can come up with something far better next year or I fear we’ll be dropped.

Wasn’t it held on the Gold Coast??

Nobody gives a shit about our entry here this year. I hope Dami can come up with something far better next year or I fear we’ll be dropped.
Do you think they’ll still bother with a national final once they’ve got Dami on board? I’d be terrified that something shit will happen and she’ll end up losing to something boring (See Melodifestivalen for further details).

Don't Break Me was terrific, but I really think it's of UTMOST IMPORTANCE that this DOESN'T QUALIFY AT ALL

Australia are out unable to compete properly so sending a video.

“We regret that we are not able to welcome Montaigne to Rotterdam in May. However, we understand the unique challenges presented to the hard working Australian delegation who have until the very end tried their utmost to make their presence in the Netherlands possible.

We are pleased that we are still able to let them compete with the other 38 participants thanks to the “live-on-tape” recording of Montaigne’s song Technicolour. Australia have always brought diversity, excitement and energy to the Eurovision Song Contest and despite their team being far away this year they will be close to all our hearts in Rotterdam.”

Last edited:
That’s a shame

I’ve decided I quite like this song, even without the faint praise of “it’s better than last year at least”.

generic as fuck though, I can’t even say it was built around “Technicolour would be a good title for a song” because it’s fairly incoherent lyrically too

At least it means her peformance might stand out more than it would have done.

I do feel sorry for her personally at missing out on the experience twice.

At least it means her peformance might stand out more than it would have done.

I do feel sorry for her personally at missing out on the experience twice.

I guess, but I think whatever rinkydink visuals they’ll put together for her might not compare. But hey she’s technicolour right, so something something whatever(??)

So I guess for her she's done, it's all finished and she can put her feet up?

Sounds like they’ve decided it’s not worth throwing good money after bad based on her long odds of qualifying.

Would she be allowed to announce the scores given to her competitors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom