Boris Johnson vs Covid - intensive care and subsequent self-isolation

I don't necessarily rate Danny Baker, much less agree with him on everything, but I remember him talking about his cancer by saying the doctors and nurses were the fighters, and his body just the battleground.

Did we all take part in #ClapTheCunt last night? Did anyone? A quick sweep of the gammon rag headlines tells me people the width and breadth of Britain came out in support of him - which is obviously why I can't find any reports of it actually happening.

I've seen a few rows on Facebook over it, but nothing more.

I didn't go out to the doorstep to check, but certainly wasn't disturbed by any noise, like I was the first week when I forgot the time.

Had a quick look at the #ClapForBoris group I was invited to yesterday only to see it full of twats saying that “All labour voters want Boris dead” and acting surprised that their entire streets weren’t on their doorsteps acting as if he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

This is the binary nature of reporting in politics now, isn't it. I don't want him dead but I won't clap the cunt unless he recovers, resigns and fucks off permanently. What's wrong with that?

I dreamt about him again last night. It wasn’t as interesting as yesterday, we were just on a night out and he was quite a nice chap.

I felt dirty when I woke up.

Did we all take part in #ClapTheCunt last night? Did anyone? A quick sweep of the gammon rag headlines tells me people the width and breadth of Britain came out in support of him - which is obviously why I can't find any reports of it actually happening.
I twitched my curtains at 8 and there was no one out clapping in my street.

So it looks like the Express and the Mail vastly exaggerated the level of participation, then. If Suomi hadn’t broken into my house and stolen my pearls I’d be clutching them in shock right now.

Which was suspicious as I'd seen the neighbours i have on Facebook had shared the post urging folk to go out and clap for ARE BOZZA :side-eye:

Not a peep here, but I live in a council block in Hackney so hardly surprising.

Bad news. He's apparently stable and responding to treatment :(

They'll be chucking everything at him, in a way they wouldn't for Joe Schmo. So maybe there'll be an interesting side effect, like his hair falls out or his tongue expands to twice its original size.

I hope all of the nurses who looked after him are Romanian. It’ll be a kick in the tits for the gammons to know their glorious leader owes his life to the immigrants.

I watched it thinking he was going to do an impression of him :D

I've never deliberately watched something so repugnant.

Last Thursday and Thursday before the ENTIRE STREET was clapping and cheering for the NHS

Last night ABSOLUTE SILENCE for Boris

This is how it should be. I don't want him to die, I even wish him well as a fellow human being, but neither do I like his politics nor is he worth getting a round of applause from strangers.

It's certainly shut up the people who've been giving it "ah you lot are clapping the NHS but I bet you all support Tories" ever since...

I don't understand why he's out of hospital and doing his speech to the nation in a SUIT still? Is it weird that I think it would come across a lot better if he was just wearing t-shirt and jeans? You don't have to always wear a suit for everything do you?!

I'm sorry why exactly is he allowed to go to his country home? I can understand him not returning to Downing Street, but he has another house in London?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom