Drag Race UK S2

Strictly is a local show, Drag Race is an international phenomenon. You don’t watch Dancing with the Stars, but most drag fans watch the majority of the international franchises and you can tell there’s fatigue.
Yes, but you don't HAVE to. I don't understand this criticism of 'too much Drag Race!' at all really, other than perhaps All Stars. It's still growing, we're going to get more and more national versions, and if people don't like it, just don't watch.

Also remember the production schedules were messed up by COVID, DRUK was supposed to air in September, and it’s air date will be dictated by the BBC not WoW.

Also remember the production schedules were messed up by COVID, DRUK was supposed to air in September, and it’s air date will be dictated by the BBC not WoW.

And that's likely to be an issue with all the national versions, isn’t it? Well, not the BBC - just that I imagine there will be different producers in each country who will decide. And presumably that will quite rightly depend on what is right for that country, not the international Drag Race fandom.

Also, UK season 2 was always coming, US Season 13 was always coming. OK they’re arriving at the same time but it’s not like they’re suddenly cramming in even more variations.

I wonder how the queens feel about this... Surely the UK girls will lose out on a fair bit of American attention they'd have gotten if the show was on in that version's off-season.

Not that they're entitled to it of course! But I wouldn't be too thrilled

I mean, I’m finding them all very irritating at the minute, but I think that’s usually the case with these intro videos.

I do hope DRUK doesn’t just descend into queens thinking it’s enough to have an EXAGGERATED REGIONAL ACCENT and SECOND HAND HUN JOKES.

I think they are much more charismatic as a cast than the new USA lot :D

Ginny Lemon's MTQ made me genuinely lol when she revealed her perfume :disco:

Tayce to win obv, she's a killer live performer - up with the best of the US queens. Bimini is an amazing performer too but I just don't see STAR QUALITY.
The purple Scottish one Lawrence seems a bit BASIC BITCH to me, but I can see a classic reality TV storyline forming around them already.

Reactions: Zu
The Scottish Penny Tration (genuinely thought she was going to list Lady Munter as her influence instead of Lady Gaga - I hope it was on purpose) seems to have potential. I can't resist any unabashed Michelle McManus endorsement.

Dave Lynn and Rose Garden mentioned. I don't think there was any reference to legendary UK queens before.

Tia Kofi seems familiar but can't pin her down.

I see Joe Black is a friend of friend. How inevitable.

I've seen him a few times now as a supporting act, and I'm very much here for him.

Last edited:
Was she shit? They could've had both competing as a fun twist but obviously decided not to!
I honestly have no idea :D
I reckon he'd absolutely nail the sewing and craft stuff, he did animation and illustration and was mint at art in general. He used to talk about his brother being a drag queen even 10+ years ago, so I know Veronica's an old hand at it.

I'm watching Mother Tuckers: Drag Queens of Glasgow on BBC iPlayer and Lawrence is coming across very well indeed. Barbra La Bush not so much - 2 minutes into the show she's already used the t word and she knows full well why people object (that she goes on to talk about having insecurities is a bit rich, but anyway I've not finished this yet).

Oh well, that's that, it wasn't bad.

I've now seen all the queens. It seems like a higher standard overall and also more of a level playing field, which I think is a set up for a potentially better series than the very decent debut season.

I'm watching Mother Tuckers: Drag Queens of Glasgow on BBC iPlayer and Lawrence is coming across very well indeed. Barbra La Bush not so much - 2 minutes into the show she's already used the t word and she knows full well why people object (that she goes on to talk about having insecurities is a bit rich, but anyway I've not finished this yet).
I keep meaning to watch this!

Well I hope they recreate Liz being told she's failed as a mother, as a wife and most of all - as a QUEEN :disco:

Lorraine has out stayed her welcome.

Reactions: COB
Instagram followers

45.8k Tayce
28.5k Joe Black
27.5k A'Whora
24k Bimini Bon Boulash
22.5k Cherry Valentine
19.6k Lawrence Chaney
18.1k Ginny Lemon
17.8k Asttina Mandella
17.1k Ellie Diamond
10.8k Tia Kofi
10.1k Sister Sister
9.1k Veronica Green

Reactions: dUb
I can't believe that's two series in a row without any Manchester Queens. I'm going to picket the BBC at Media City in protest.

(I guess Divina sort of counts as one).

I'm watching Mother Tuckers: Drag Queens of Glasgow on BBC iPlayer and Lawrence is coming across very well indeed.

I didn't even know this existed until I saw you're post, but I watched it last night, ta.

I'm pleased Lawrence has gotten on Drag Race - in that doc she did seem the most quietly ambitious and switched on of the lot.

Voss must surely have been told to be on standby for season 3. The addition of an easy-on-the-eye marine by day and drag queen by night is probably quite an attractive proposition to a producer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom