Eurovision 2021 News

Most likely scenario?

• Total voters
I wonder how the current thinking of 'it'll probably be fine by then :side-eye:' is influencing the decisions being made by SEXY SIETSE and the gang

They’ve decided to re-use the semi-final allocation from the aborted 2020 contest for 2021:

I can’t foresee an issue with having all the performers on the same stage at this point, with maybe the exception of Australia.

I think I saw something saying the Dutch government is relaxing its "no public gatherings" restriction which is positive.

An article has just been published explaining how each broadcaster must submit a 'live-on-tape' recording by the end of March just in case the artist can't travel to Rotterdam or has to self-isolate come the time of the contest. But I'm clinging to the hope that one of the reasons given for keeping the semi allocation draw is based on tickets and fans potentially having bought them to a specific semi-final to see their country.

Reactions: dUb
The 2020 contestants from Finland and Croatia have both confirmed that they won't be entering their national selections in 2021.

I wound up quite liking Croatia's song and Damir is such a Euroqueen, so a bit sad about that. He claims he just couldn't find a song he believed in, which I respect.

Finland - BOV. Bring on the revenge of Erika Vikman! :disco:

The 2020 contestants from Finland and Croatia have both confirmed that they won't be entering their national selections in 2021.

I wound up quite liking Croatia's song and Damir is such a Euroqueen, so a bit sad about that. He claims he just couldn't find a song he believed in, which I respect.

Finland - BOV. Bring on the revenge of Erika Vikman! :disco:

I really didn't hate Croatia's in the end either despite being a little run off the mill.

ALL HAIL ERIKA :disco:

Can’t Damir just vaguely rewrite this year’s entry WITH THE SAME KEY CHANGE PLEASE?

Logo for 2021

hero.jpeg

Why does it say GB instead of UK? Sloppy

I like how the ‘explanation’ shows that, probably coincidentally, that there’s a HINT to the new Belarusian anti-Lukashenko flag.

Well I liked the idea of flag deconstruction, but... it doesn’t look as nice as 2020, couldn’t they have reused that?! What about all the merch?!

It looks pretty much the same IN MY EYES :D

I like it. Although the pedant in me is disappointed that Australia's sector isn't 10x the size of all the others.

Well I liked the idea of flag deconstruction, but... it doesn’t look as nice as 2020, couldn’t they have reused that?! What about all the merch?!

I guess that’s the point. All new tat to flog!

for some reason I got mixed up with the Tokyo Olympics, who decided to keep calling it the 2020 Olympics next year!

never mind
Have they really?! Someone needs to tell them that '2020' has been devalued a bit as a brand recently.

So given the current SITUATION I guess a relatively normal contest now feels like a long shot.

They should've explored pushing it back a month IMO.

I guess there's probably too many moving parts, though.

“It’s no coincidence that ‘welcome’ begins with ‘we’”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom