Eurovision 2021 News

Most likely scenario?

• Total voters
I was getting anxious about the lack of stage updates but we have this today; I'm ready to upgrade it to a 2.5 WAUW:

The stage does still seem a little drawfed by the arena though, like they've just erected a partition wall halfway down. I don't remember ever feeling that in previous years.

I was getting anxious about the lack of stage updates
From what I’ve seen it looks like it’s finished being built. They started technical/stand-in rehearsals today, so no cause for concern.

I’m happy to see how it goes, I mean how big does a stage need to be? As long as there’s something interesting about it.

too many performances have been hindered by the hosts wanting to show off the wide shots of the arena

I think “journalists” can join the rehearsals (which kick off next weekend) virtually. I presume Kala and co. are joining that way?

I had about 5 friends here trying for me in 2020 without su6. Hopefully more chance this time. Only NL residents can buy tickets this time.

I believe international fans can technically buy tickets but they’ve made it such a faff with travel, testing and quarantine that I REALLY hope none are stupid enough to try.

I think “journalists” can join the rehearsals (which kick off next weekend) virtually. I presume Kala and co. are joining that way?
I guess we'll need a separate rehearsals thread. From memory in 2019 the first rehearsals were behind closed doors anyway to protect the acts if they have a shaky start, wonder if that's the same this year.

I had about 5 friends here trying for me in 2020 without su6. Hopefully more chance this time. Only NL residents can buy tickets this time.

Everything I've read is saying that only people who previously had tickets for 2020 will have a chance to buy?

Although if a large number were bought by international fans who don't want to risk it/bother with the hassle this time, maybe they could end up with spares? 🤷‍♂️

It's like someone mixed up metric and imperial measurements.
Okay it turns out they deliberately moved the stage forward in the arena to reduce the impact of the emptiness... now it makes sense why it doesn't quite fit.

Everything I've read is saying that only people who previously had tickets for 2020 will have a chance to buy?

Although if a large number were bought by international fans who don't want to risk it/bother with the hassle this time, maybe they could end up with spares? 🤷‍♂️
At the moment tickets sales are only open for previous ticket holders from 2020.If there are any over (fat chance) they will be open for the general public. My chances of getting any tickets are about 0.001 %. There are only 3500 tickets per show.

Looking better now; I think the sofas around the stage are always going to make it look a bit shitter than it might have been:

wsi-imageoptim-stage-may-1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: dUb
Wonder how they'll decide who gets which sofas? It's going to be hard for any act to perform when they can see Kirkorov in the front row making throat-cutting gestures.

I feel like they should fill it up from front to back, then you’ve got a nice little crowd building at the end of the stage as the show progresses.

I feel like they should fill it up from front to back, then you’ve got a nice little crowd building at the end of the stage as the show progresses.

A friend of mine is being a green room stand-in, so it seems like they will have regular members of the audience sitting in the green room sofas until each act is done performing at which point they’ll move to regular seating.

A friend of mine is being a green room stand-in, so it seems like they will have regular members of the audience sitting in the green room sofas until each act is done performing at which point they’ll move to regular seating.
Ah that's nice, so Samanta Tina can still have a role in the final using her cleaning spray to wipe down the sofas in between.

There's something really lovely about the arena floor being made up of the artists and delegations (and Pingu's friends) cheering each other on 🥺

There's something really lovely about the arena floor being made up of the artists and delegations (and Pingu's friends) cheering each other on 🥺
Yeah one of my fave moments from the 2019 contest was seeing everyone do the CONGA in the green room :disco:

It’s a shame they didn’t catch it LIVE!

Maybe they should cancel this red carpet event..

I think Poland/Iceland/Malta are all in the same hotel.

By this stage, do you think the final rehearsal is of a level that could be used in lieu of a live performance?

By this stage, do you think the final rehearsal is of a level that could be used in lieu of a live performance?
Yeah they’re using the second rehearsals as back up now, so it’s not TOO bad if they can’t perform but still must be crushing for the artists :(

A bit sticky for Malta, they’re the only one of those 3 in the first semi. Fingers crossed, it’s only the same hotel after all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom