Eurovision Song Contest 2019 performance

I'm hoping for staging inspired by the RIT American Life performance with dancers dressed as Iraeli and Palestinian soldiers.

Just read that it's Like A Prayer and Future only.

Madonna to perform new single 'Future' with Quavo at Eurovision 2019
Posted 16 May 2019 at 20:02 CEST

International pop icon Madonna will perform 2 songs during the Grand Final of the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest on 18 May: Her 1989 smash hit 'Like A Prayer' and a world exclusive of brand-new single 'Future', which she will perform together with American rapper Quavo.

Viewers of the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final will be the first to hear Madonna's track Futurefrom her new album Madame X, to be released on 14 June. This year marks 30 years since the release of her iconic album Like a Prayer, and she will perform the title track accompanied by a 35-strong choir.

This will be the first time in the history of the contest that Madonna will grace the Eurovision stage, making the performance a once-in-a-lifetime treat for audiences all over the world. As one of the best-selling female artists in the world, selling more than 300 million records worldwide, her performance in Tel Aviv will be her third time visiting and performing in Israel.

Jon Ola Sand, Executive Supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest: "We are pleased to finally confirm that the incomparable music icon Madonna will join us at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest. Performing live during the biggest entertainment show in the world will be a special moment for everyone – not least the fans. The talent on display in the competition this year is phenomenal and I’m sure the artists will further be inspired by her incredible performance and staging. We know that it will be an evening to remember and can’t wait to share it with everyone watching."

Yeah but the Eurovision insta only mentions Future.

The outfit and the stairs etc. look identical (but different colour) to Like a Prayer / Dark Ballet from Met Gala and she hashtagged it one of her recent insta posts. I'm sure she'll do perhaps a short snippet of it or something. I hope she does, it's the one song I am most looking forward to from the album.

I love Like a Prayer and know its probably her most loved song but she has wheeled it out as 'the classic' too much.

Future is not good enough to be performed on a stage like this, and I'm kinda worried about Like a Prayer.

Medellín and Music or Don't Tell Me would've been a much smarter pairing.

I hope there’s some surprise

And I hope the Israeli montage guy makes a ludicrous GH montage for her

Complaining about getting "Like a Prayer" which she's performed outside her tours (and then only four of them) maybe five times in the last thirty years? No wonder she hates us all with such abandon.

Although at this point I'm elated to hear anything besides last night I dreamt of San Pedro...

QUEEN OF EUROVISION :disco:

That was great.

I'm hosting a Eurovision party with about 12 people here. 9 people LOVE it (including me), 2 people like it and 1 person is like 'meh' (but NOT HATING IT).

QUEEN

Omg I'm drunk

I’ve literally been inundated with friends messaging me to say how shocked they were at how awful it was. Social media is in meltdown at how poor her singing was and the lack of energy?

I’ve not seen it yet, as I’m travelling.

Yeah, it was poor

But at least I'd forgotten about it already

Just reading Facebook comments now. Overwhelmingly negative.

I mean let's face it, people at this stage in her career just don't like her and that's fine, so she'll always be slated no matter what. This performance was not the best by her standards but I don't think it was shit, and I enjoyed the fact that she shook things up and brought a political statement into it (which of course won't be welcome on the Eurovision stage, let alone in ISRAEL). So good for her.

As I said in the other thread, it was 7/10 for me..

It was all just so flat(and not just the notes) and lacking in energy. Dreadful choice to do “Future” also. Totally inappropriate choices for the occasion. A performance of Music or Vogue at the end would really have helped a lot.

5/10

I was expecting the vocals. It was the low energy that made it poor.

4/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom