General Election 2019

Who are you planning to vote for?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change UK (Independent Group For Change)

• Democratic Union Party (DUP)

• Green Party

• Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• Sinn Féin

• UK Independence Party (UKIP)

• Total voters
Most of the other final polls have are holding at an 8-10 point lead for Conservatives, so that one's very much the outlier.

It's going to be a long night tomorrow night. Determined to see it through even if it's going to be fucking awful.

If it's any consolation, the Tories are probably stacking 2-3% (of all votes) extra in their own seats because of the BXP standing down in those but not in anyone else's. That means they need to be about 8% more than Labour to get an OM, whereas in 2017 they only needed about 6% more to get am OM. (well at least according to the YouGov MRP polls anyway).

Does the fixed term parliament act mean that elections will now be in december forever?

My polling station was all christmassy. It was nice.

Voted. Quite busy at the polling station. Several young faces. Gave me a wee bit of hope. Let's see if it lasts beyond the exit poll.

If the new government keeps the Fixed Term Parliament Act, I would assume that a majority government that isn't well behind in the polls would call an election in the early summer before they have to and the opposition would be happy to agree.

If the new government keeps the Fixed Term Parliament Act, I would assume that a majority government that isn't well behind in the polls would call an election in the early summer before they have to and the opposition would be happy to agree.

Nah. A majority government will just scrap the legislation

The front pages of the papers are absolutely vile this morning. Imagine depicting Boris Johnson as a lightbulb when he couldn't be trusted to change one.

Me.

Would people prefer a polling day/results thread now or closer to the exit poll release?

Me also. Well, that's the plan. I've 9 hours of office christmas party drinking to do first.

I don't want to but I might be drawn in by the HORROR of it all

The front pages of the papers are absolutely vile this morning. Imagine depicting Boris Johnson as a lightbulb when he couldn't be trusted to change one.
It is absolutely ridiculous that the BBC aren't allowed to show the front pages of the papers whilst the polls are open, but the papers themselves are free to spread any bullshit they like across every newsagent in the country.

Unless the exit poll delivers something genuinely surprising, I'll be going to bed. But it'll be like the EU Referendum - I'll be up and down checking during the night.

It is absolutely ridiculous that the BBC aren't allowed to show the front pages of the papers whilst the polls are open, but the papers themselves are free to spread any bullshit they like across every newsagent in the country.

They absolutely abuse this. But then, the regulations aren't there to help the voting public.

How busy was everyone’s polling station?

The reports of huge, predominantly young queues are heartening, but they mostly seem to be in student/metropolitan areas. It’ll be the smaller towns and rural areas that kill us...

My polling station is so awkward to get to I postal vote. I don't miss it.

Hackney South and Shoreditch, although it's hardly a battleground seat. Big queues in Clapham, Battersea and Richmond apparently though.

There was a lovely Labour girl opening the door at my polling station. I can’t imagine the abuse she will get later on in TORY BOURNEMOUTH.

Mine was very quiet, but it was very early, and hardly a battleground.

What should we be hoping to see from Northern Ireland?

Obviously the DUP are beyond vile, but I've read that Sinn Féin abstention policy essentially plays into Tory hands when it comes to the electoral makeup?

My polling station pretty quiet too, but turnout in my specific ward is always a bit shit so not a surprise.

We'll be Labour come 7am tomorrow morning, i have no doubt.

Obviously the DUP are beyond vile, but I've read that Sinn Féin abstention policy essentially plays into Tory hands when it comes to the electoral makeup?

As far as I understand it (ready to be corrected) it essentially works against whoever is the largest party as a majority is immediately harder to obtain - the same number of votes are required but, with Sinn Fein not sitting, the number of available MPs is lower. Or some such.

If ever there was a atime for them to make an entrace, it was the last GE. Still, can't be helped.

Decent footfall but no queues in Leeds Central. But it’s not peak hours and we’re a safe Labour seat.

No sign of obvious gammons, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom