General Election 2019

Who are you planning to vote for?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change UK (Independent Group For Change)

• Democratic Union Party (DUP)

• Green Party

• Independent

• Plaid Cymru

• Sinn Féin

• UK Independence Party (UKIP)

• Total voters
I must admit, I was surprised the Conservative figure is that low. Even better though is that 15 of the 31 toss-ups are Tory seats whereas only 7 are ones where the Tories are challenging. Still, I think I can live with a 2015 style result. At least it won't be such a surprise this time.

Dominic RAAAAB in a TOSSUP and THERESA VILLIERS LEANING LABOUR :D

If those seats are roughly right then that's more or less same the top 2 as 2015. Little changes.

No, indeed. And many of them will continue not to be. So notable when they do (or are predicted to do)

If BORIS JOHNSON turned up on my doorstep before dawn and reiterated that he was going to GET BREXIT DONE he'd get more than he bargained for

Here's the MOST INTERESTING GRAPH from the YouGov MRP data

ELdqQSWXYAEWdQs.jpg

The front pages today are as ridiculous as you might expect. The STOP FUCKING HATE quite literally BEGGING for Tory votes.

It was the same in 2017 - they're genuinely rattled by the prospect of anything other than a Tory majority because they have so much money invested in it. Utter scum.

Ooh I've just had my first anti-Labour advert on FB. From "The Fair Tax Campaign", which I see is run by a former Boris Johnson aide. Now what can I report it for?

88% of Tory ads are bullshit, "according to a study". The same study said that 0% of Labour adds were misleading.

88%.

One in 8 is non-misleading. That's all.

I'm sure they understand that poor Zuckerburg needs all that advertising money. It is Christmas after all.

How can anyone vote for a party so demonstrably afraid of the truth? It's the absolute fucking worst, this election, it really is.

Disgraceful. What a fraud.

why are the electoral commission not doing anything about that?

Boris is in full hiding from the press at this point. He's also pulled out of a Jeremy Vine sit-down with no explanation.

Whilst I fully accept that Tory ads are both appallingly misleading and more misleading than Labour, I'm not entirely sure I'd fully trust a study that found 0% of Labour ads to be misleading. They are still politicians when it comes down to it.

Whilst I fully accept that Tory ads are both appallingly misleading and more misleading than Labour, I'm not entirely sure I'd fully trust a study that found 0% of Labour ads to be misleading. They are still politicians when it comes down to it.

It depends on the definition of "misleading" - Labour tell the truth but very rarely the whole truth. Conservatives just lie outright.

It's also easier to prove that the Tories are lying based on their record in power - Labour can make promises and you can't prove at this stage that they won't do them.

Boris is in full hiding from the press at this point. He's also pulled out of a Jeremy Vine sit-down with no explanation.

He'll be drunk. I;m not joking - he'll have been on the sauce and be stinking.

Without any actual evidence, it’s quite obvious he’s a complete alcoholic right?

She's at it again...

Hope to God she isn't correct, but then aren't most postal votes from the elderly anyway?

That is absolutely against regulations to say how postal votes have been going.

However considering these last few days the Tory line has been along the lines of "every vote counts" and "it's unbelievably close" and the rest of it, they clearly don't want potential voters to think they're walking away with it so I wouldn't use that as too strong a case for her being some sort of Tory mouthpiece.

Hope to God she isn't correct, but then aren't most postal votes from the elderly anyway?

Yes. The elderly were being actively encouraged to use postal votes given the timing of the election.

I know Boris hiding in fridges is not going to make a jot of difference to his core support, but it's produced some delightful memes today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom