Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barry Gardiner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
THANGAM'S come out for SIR KEIR

No MPs so far are backing EM :(

I didn't realise THANGAM was Shadow Brexit Secretary

:D Quite why she EVER thought it was a good idea is beyond me. GIVE IT UP NOW DOLLY! God knows there’s a market for glacial and / or knowing hauteur but Joe Public simply WON’T tolerate that sort of malarkey!

Rebecca Long Bailey is a no for me. Anyone who chooses to double barrel in what is clearly the wrong way round can't be trusted.

Reactions: Zu
Queen Emily should have run for Deputy I reckon. Though Angela Rayner looks unstoppable there.

Unless there's major Momentum fuckery, I'm relatively optimistic that common sense will prevail and Long-Bailey won't get it.

Starmer for me, but I'm open to persuasion on Lisa Nandy. I don't know much about her TBH.

A firm no on the others, although I do think Jess Phillips is a very good media player. Shame she's so flawed in other areas.

Keir is absolutely everything they need right now. There's so much going for him. A shame the next election will likely be an uphill struggle regardless. Although we'll see where we are after 5 years of Boris and Brexit.

I'm hoping to go to a HUSTINGS when they come to Leeds, as part of my renewed Labour activism efforts.

I went to the one with the Miliband brothers and Diane Abbott, but that was a very different time. One thing I can thank the radical left wing of the party for is diluting all the UTTER FREAKS who used to exclusively populate all the local politics events pre-Corbyn.

I almost went to an election hustings at the GE. But that would mean eye contact with Seb Flyte. We ignored each other in town the other day.

Keir for Leader. Emily as deputy/secretary of memes that only appeal to white gays who attended Russel group+ universities.

Clive Lewis because my local MP says so.

Clive lewis
Lisa Nandy
Kier Starmer
RLB
Emily Thornberry

[World's biggest gap]

Jess Phillips

Although I am open to change, I'm not set at all. Except on Jess Phillips.

It absolutely has to be Kier. I’m all about the importance of having a good solid name (with a slightly Teutonic air in his case) and am not tolerating any of this ludicrous six syllable nonsense (soz Queen E xxx)

RLB is the only one who has spoken clearly about not throwing minorities under the bus to get anywhere. Don't trust the likes of Nandy and Phillips on that front. Still, I want Keir to win.

Barry Gardiner apparently also IN. I thought the candidacy period had ended.

Emily FTW

(And to show those idiots whose boss :disco: )

In all honesty I actually don’t think it matters one bit. The likelihood of a Labour government at the next election is low, so they might as well go through some experimental years.

*breathes*

Anyway, Starmer has been endorsed by Unison which is a good sign, I kind of assumed they'd close ranks on the anointed Corbyn successor (i.e. Long-Bailey).

There's also the fight for deputy which should be Angela Rayner's to lose, but John McDonnell and Diane Abbott have both come out for my dear friend Richard Burgon.

Last edited:
I still maintain Rayner would be a better leader than anyone actually in the running, but alas... maybe next time.

EL2Bf1BWkAQPTK0.jpg

The WORD ON THE STREET (i.e. two old birds I overheard in Waterstones) is that NONE OF THEM ARE ANY GOOD

They were also QUITE DELICIOUSLY SCATHING about a certain RECENTLY DECLARED PANSEXUAL :D

The former barrister, who backed remaining in the EU and a second referendum, said she could withstand the ups and downs of the leadership contest as she comes from a long line of “tough old birds”.

:disco:

This Bailey Long? I saw she proposed getting rid of the House of Lords which expect is a policy set to gain absolutely no new voters whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom