RPDR UK S2 E10 - The Final!

I always thought the shit lip sync songs were due to licensing costs but Elton can’t be CHEAP! The show has ALWAYS had terrible lip sync songs with a handful of rare exceptions, I think Ru has the final say on them rather than production as they rarely make ANY SENSE.

Lawrence is being a straight up bully to Ellie now. Hope she loses HARD.

I said EXACTLY this when I watched it just now. Her behaviour is really controlling and passive aggressive and effectively coersive. I'm surprised they showed it given that they then went on to crown her in the same episode. The way she told her what she thought, then forced the other girls to say what she thought too... Hated it. Not sure I've gone off someone quite so much throughout the course of a series before. Wanted Ellie to beat her out of the top 3...

I said EXACTLY this when I watched it just now. Her behaviour is really controlling and passive aggressive and effectively coersive. I'm surprised they showed it given that they then went on to crown her in the same episode. The way she told her what she thought, then forced the other girls to say what she thought too... Hated it. Not sure I've gone off someone quite so much throughout the course of a series before. Wanted Ellie to beat her out of the top 3...
Yes. I actually kind of assumed that was the way it was going as well. The Vivienne didn't get the most favourable edit either and she's remembered quite favourably so I think Lawrence will be fine as well but her win is really tarnished right now.

Disagree. She's the one I was looking at most. You can't help but with Lawrence! (Not a fat joke, she just has presence in spades)

She was the clear winner for me from day one but with her awful behaviour the past few episodes I thought she both shouldn't and wouldn't get it. So I'm surprised, but I get it.

I agree again.

I HATED Lawrence this episode, but if going on the lip sync alone, she was easily the one commanding the stage the most (Bimini was 3rd place in it for me as much as I wanted her to win).

I thought this was such a drag to watch, nothing they do in the episode makes a difference and the 100 sincere moments just made it unbearable. I fast forwarded through a good chunk of it.

I don’t mind the Lawrence win, Bimini is overrated and it doesn’t even matter since they don’t even get money.

Tayce was my winner and she killed both lipsyncs. Bimini totally misunderstood the song, what part of I’m still standing makes you think of lying on the floor and being sexy...and that busted jig she did.

We shouldn’t be TOO shocked either, Ru has made consistently TERRIBLE decisions though out the series!

We really just need to DITCH the ‘what would you tell your child self’ melodrama. I’m sad it infiltrated the UK version because that’s not just us. It’s literally from a different era of TV.

Especially when you’re addressing generations of gays/drag queens who have been embraced by their families from day one!

I properly, completely and utterly was expecting Bimini to win and had no real question in my mind that they wouldn't, so it was a proper rug from under my feet moment when Lawrence was called instead :D I don't think I've ever felt that with a reality TV show before. I've comfortably guessed every Drag Race winner previously (Yvie aside, and WHO CARES ANYWAY!)

Happy for Lawrence! They are a great winner, and I hope the internet lets them enjoy the moment.
Bimini & Tayce will clear up regardless - probably more than any US season queens TBH, AND we get to enjoy them again on All Stars!

Last edited:
When I was reminded that the prize involved filming a web series, I instantly thought "Oh, they're going to give it to Lawrence after all, then".

Oh well. For better or worse, I guess she did dominate the series. I really agree about her relationship with Ellie though, more than anything else that really soured me on her.

And as much as Ellie was clearly out of her depth in that top four, I do find her so utterly lovable, and that final look was quite breathtakingly beautiful. From being a bit of a filler queen she really grew on me.

I think with one thing and another I had fairly strong views on almost all the queens this season, which really makes for good TV. Sometimes those views swung wildly too - Lawrence I liked but like VOR said really soured in his manner with Ellie; Ginny really gave me 1980s old school comedy vibes that got less and less attractive as the show went on; from pretty much nothing to adoration for Bimini... outright hate to love with A’Whora...

it definitely had me FEELING something!!

The thing that did have me doubting Bimini would win was the emphasis on representing home countries - I thought they’d never let an English queen win when there were two Scots and a Welsh queen representing. (Or if they did, they’d take out all the banging on about home nations).

It was all pretty much as expected, and I'm happy for Lawrence, but by the end it felt like it hinged purely on Lawrence having a lot of natural charisma and as VoR pointed out, she would be the natural fit for the web series. Bimini's supposed lack of so-called vulnerability undoubtedly cemented their decision.

It's fine, but I do wonder is this a first for a winning queen who started incredible and then had quite the downward trajectory, all the while another contestant was knocking it out of the park week after week and screaming winner vibes?! Is there anything comparable here? It feels a BIT like All Stars where on merit I think Jujubee should have taken it but we 100% knew it was Shea's season and that was going to happen no matter what.

Also that makes Bimini one of the greatest runner-ups of all time which always feels like a strong position to be in, arguably better than the winner. It does kind of irritate me how we never get proper second-placers now though

Truly an astonishing season though. So sad it's all over! I've loved alternating with the American version, I don't want it to end :( I guess I'll be hungry for more come the autumn. It's not quite S6/AS2, but probably up there with S4/5 for me. Canada too maybe.

How dare you have a happy supportive gay childhood!!!

This whole suck tears from a queen any which way we can, only embracing those who had a childhood where their gay-hating dad cut off all their fingers, is tired and misguided now, especially when they're treated by Ru as "plus points" that give them an advantage over other queens.

I mean just embrace these happy, confident queens who actually had it good, this is a GOOD thing to show people?!

QUITE, Tayce’s innate confidence and charisma is probably a direct result of her being able to grow up the way she did. The showing vulnerability ANGLE of this show is such bullshit, you don’t want them to be complete ICE QUEENS, but also you don’t go to a drag show to watch someone CRY!

One thing I won't miss is Ru and Michelle's (mostly the latter) useless UK reference points effectively being TOWIE and...what exactly?

It started with "that's not giving me Brighton" and there were many other dodgy critiques throughout. No one is expecting you to be an expert, just comment on whether it's funny or looks good!

I loved in Tayce’s interview Ru trying to understand what ‘WHALES?’ was.

Reactions: VoR
Is it just to make good TV or does it genuinely come from a place where Ru can't quite fathom a world of gays and drag queens who didn't grow up in eternal misery? I'm assuming both and if the latter does influence it somewhat I have to cut him a *little* slack for that. Sort of a generational viewpoint thing, but not in an offensive way, just...not quite grasping it.

Still...it should be celebrated and it shouldn't be affecting his judgement in a competition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom