Eurovision 2021: The Odds

To put it simply it's just about what your reward is. Putting a quid on a song at 16/1 will win you £16, because 16 divided by one is 16.

However at 16/5 you'll only win £3.20 because 16 divided by 5 is 3.2.

At 1/16 you'll win 6p because 1 divided 16 is 0.06.

I mean it depends if you actually want to put a BET on, which is what odds are for.

If I want to stick a fiver on something then seeing it has a 12% chance of winning isn’t going to do me much good.

Whereas if you just want a quick glance at how things stand comparatively then I guess the percentages are handy for that.

I mean it depends if you actually want to put a BET on, which is what odds are for.

If I want to stick a fiver on something then seeing it has a 12% chance of winning isn’t going to do me much good.

Whereas if you just want a quick glance at how things stand comparatively then I guess the percentages are handy for that.
Yeah translating the percentages into actual bets. No idea!

When I was young we just lined up rocks and grunted. Kids today, don't know how good they've got it.

If I’m making a rational bet, it’s because I think the implied probability by the odds is less than the actual probability. Decimals odds allowed you do that at a glimpse, with the added bonus of being able to compare relative odds instantly.

The mental shortcut provided by traditional odds to working out how much profit a particular bet will yield if it pays out is of limited use to me - I trust the bookkeeper to give me to the correct amount.

So, even when we have a really great song the UK can't get decent odds. says it all really!

a really great song
Real Housewives Of Atlanta Meme GIF by Identity

So, France at the top then. I can’t see there being many changes at the top until Tuesday when we get Switzerland, unless someone really knocks it out of the park tomorrow.

Has anyone popped some bets on in the past few days? I’ve popped a tenner on Cyprus at 33/1

I still think Iceland are being entirely too quickly written off. Let's see what he brings for the stage show.

As malta has found, for the favourites the only way is DOWN.

Duncan and Netta both took a hit after their initial rehearsals too. I'm not overly concerned.

Duncan and Netta both took a hit after their initial rehearsals too. I'm not overly concerned.
Good point. And it's maybe only because the top three are so close that a small hit drops you a place in the ranking.

Has anyone popped some bets on in the past few days? I’ve popped a tenner on Cyprus at 33/1
I have copied you. Could only get 25/1 though.

I now have:

• Cyprus --> £260
  • Switzerland --> £55
  • San Marino --> £3020 :disco:
  • Iceland --> £170
  • UK to finish top 10 --> £50 :bruised:
*Watches Bulgaria sail to the crown*

If Iceland get the win, @Tisch will just about be able afford to buy a round of drinks at next year's contest with his winnings. :o

I'm amazed Iceland were ever NOT among the favourites. I mean it's not even that different a song to last year, and this time he actually has a massive following?! I'll be shocked if it's not top 5 and a win still seems as plausible as any of the other favourites.

Reactions: VoR
Actually no on Betfair exchange Italy have overtaken France and look like they're about to leapfrog Malta as the favourite.

• Wow
Reactions: dUb
I predicted this could be the year a rock track wins with Italy as the most likely.

It stands out in a way none of the pop tracks quite manage and isn't as visually as shocking as Hatari.

lol the ONE YEAR I’m not 100% behind the Italian entry :basil:

I think what we now know, is its the most open it's been for years and for once there are a lot of HOT OPTIONS.

I think what we now know, is its the most open it's been for years and for once there are a lot of HOT OPTIONS.
Yeah unless France knock it out the park I haven’t a clue who will take it. Malta feel more like safe top five after seeing the staging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom