Eurovision 2021: The Odds

lol the ONE YEAR I’m not 100% behind the Italian entry :basil:

I will be very annoyed if Italy win this year when Soldi didn't manage it, nor the gorilla. When this year has Malta, Cyprus, France, San Marino...the song just doesn't draw me in, when I first heard it I expected a rare Italian underperformance.

I really really want a debutant island nation victory.

I thought Sweden may had this in bag, the staging just looks unprofessional!

I really think Cyprus are gonna take it :horny:
Cyprus and Iceland definitely feel like the most natural candidates for the win. I'm not seeing much to get excited about with Maltese Toy, Italy ALWAYS choke when they're the favourite and I'm having to reconcile myself to the fact that Finland probably isn't the runaway fan favourite it legally should be.

France now the favourites AGAIN!

I'm a little surprised Cyprus' performance buzz isn't translating into shorter odds.

If Keiino can take the public vote with a straightforward pop performance, why not El Diablo? Granted, Spirit In The Key is a stronger song but I don't see why it's outside the realm of possibility.

I think Cyprus is being a little looked-over in the odds due to the sheer number of strong up-tempo female performances this year.
That and it's an incredibly competitive year. You could make a case for pretty much the entire top 10 in the odds ending up as winner :D

Cant believe our only French mooper hates the idea of France winning :D

I’m not the biggest fan of our entry, but I’m definitely not against us winning! As I see it, it won’t happen so I’m not that emotionally invested.
Well I’m hoping our BABS does it because DISNEYLAND and the EUROTUNNEL :disco:

Well I’m hoping our BABS does it because DISNEYLAND and the EUROTUNNEL :disco:
I don't know why you think it'll end up being in Paris if France do win. They've got arenas all over the country and Paris doesn't exactly need the tourism boost. They'll probably hold it in LILLE.

I don't know why you think it'll end up being in Paris if France do win. They've got arenas all over the country and Paris doesn't exactly need the tourism boost. They'll probably hold it in LILLE.
I’ll go anywhere as long as it’s not fucking MARSEILLE.

Oh it would absolutely be in Paris.

I don't think I actively dislike any of the countries in the Top 5 of the odds, which probably hasn't happened in a while? I reckon the one I'm least enthused by is Iceland but I don't hate it. It's a fun little year, this one.

Reactions: VoR
I’d love for France to win one day with a brilliant modern pop song in French. But for it to happen with a throwback like this - classy though it is - would be fairly underwhelming IMO.

Yeah still not really getting it, I saw the rehearsal video of lady singing in black dress on black background. Very … classic 🤷‍♂️

It’s interesting that anyone I know who is French or French-speaking seems to think Voilà is a load of old rubbish, so I presume it’s so fancied because of some foreign “oooh it’s so French” fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom